How Can I get my dog AKC or CKC registered? but there parents aren't registered? can someone help me?

just a dog I want to get registered?

Asked by Member 797128 on Jan 26th 2009 Tagged register, lab in Labrador Retriever

Answers

If the parents of your dog are not registered, then the dog cannot be either.

AKC will only register dogs who have two parents who are registered with the AKC. Without the parents being registered, you have no way to prove if your dog is really a purebred or not, and what lines he/she is linked to. I personally do not have any CKC registered dogs, so I know nothing about that organization's registration policies. They are really affiliated with nothing, and having a CKC registered dog really doesn't mean a thing. The organization is not reputable, and from what I understand, pretty much any dog can be CKC registered as long as so many attesting witnesses voucher for the dog's 'purebred' status (hence the reason it isn't reputable). For example, a Chihuahua mix can look like a purebred, but it's not. Someone registers him with the CKC, and is now wanting people to pay them to breed to their 'purebred Chihuahua' for money, only adding to the shelter population.

Sorry to go in depth on this, but I really don't agree with their policies.

Sargeant had a good answer, except I want to clarify one thing (Sargeant please PM me if I misunderstand) -- when they say "CKC" I believe they are referring to the Continental Kennel Club, which I agree is NOT a reputable organization. However please keep in mind there is another CKC, the Canadian Kennel Club, who is more well-known, and is not the same as the Continental Kennel Club.

Ditto to the above answer. However, if you are wanting the registration in order to participate in an AKC sponsored event such as Obedience, then check out the AKC Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite listing privilege. Your dog must be DNA tested to be purebred of an AKC registrable breed, and this is for participating in these events only...Not breeding or anything else.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 1/26/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You can go to the CKC website and they give you step by step instructions on having your dog registered through them. I believe that process consist of a few photos and some witness signatures stating that your dog is a purebred (insert breed here). CKC (continental) is not a very reputable kennel club. I agree there.. because they are so slack in what they accept into their registry you see a lot of high mixes with CKC papers. Pups sold under this registry aren't usually worth as much money either. If you're simply looking for a pet and don't care about papers at all then CKC would be fine.