Hot paws

I have a shiba inu and he has warm, almost hot paws all the time. He is about 2 months old. Does this mean he is sick? Or is it just a puppy thing?

Asked by Member 1039372 on Jul 4th 2011 Tagged dog, paws, hot, puppy, shibainu in Shiba Inu

Answers

Petri

Dog's paws will naturally be warmer during the summer months and if they are outside a lot or walking on hot pavement. If his nose is dry and warm he may be somewhat sick, but it depends on how he is acting as well. Unless you start seeing inflammation, dryness, cuts, bleeding, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If they do get too hot or your pup is panting a lot, you can put his feet in cool water or wipe them with a cool wash cloth to help cool his body down. Hope this helps!

Petri answered on 7/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer