hi, I've had my dog for almost four years now and the manager & owner are family and want me to get of my dog can that.

I just want to know if in fact is ti legal for them to force me to get of my pet.

Asked by Member 1109697 on May 7th 2012 in Other Laws & Legislation

Answers

Not enough information.

We don't know the laws in your area, the rules in your apartment building, or the terms of your lease.

In most cases, if you have a lease stating you may have a dog, they may not ask you to get rid of the dog. They can tell you that you may not get ANOTHER dog.

If a breed ban is in effect in your city, they may have no choice but to ask you to move or get the dog out.

If your dog is a problem, like barking, attacking other tenants, if you allow him loose or don't pick up his waste, then you are violating your lease and they have the right to ask.

Read your lease, then search for the housing authority in your area for more info.

That happened to me. I went to a lawyer and he sent my landlord a letter. Never heard another word about it.

Carter

If its behavior issues you can find a local trainer or a behaviorist and get your dog trained so that way there is no disturbance.

Carter answered on 5/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer