BooBoo

Has anyone ever had neuticles implanted in their dog?

How did it go? Did they look and feel natural? Would you do it again? I never thought I would even entertain the thought of getting them but I saw a dog the other day with a shriveled up sac between its legs and I don't want my baby to look like that!! Just was curious if anyone has tried it yet.

Asked by BooBoo on Aug 9th 2010 Tagged faketesticles, neuticles in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Hmmm... Your dog is nine years old. Why bother even neutering him since (I presume) you have had no testicle-related trouble with him? His behavior will probably not change either, since his habits are pretty well-formed.
Sorry, not exactly answering your question, but why get fakes when you could just let him keep the real ones?

(Bruno is neutered, no sign of even a shriveled sack. Sometimes it shrinks away to nothing.)

It is very rare for the scrotum to NOT shrink back to nothing. In the case of large breed, older dogs the vet usually removes part of the scrotum if it is exceptionally large and saggy. Perhaps the one you saw had just been neutered recently?
I can't imagine your dog cares whether he has testicles or not.
Toto was neutered at four years old and he has NO sack.

Plastic surgery for dogs is crazy. Deogie is neutered and has no "shriveled sac" but IF he did I certainly wouldn't care. As long as he's healthy, happy and safe who cares what his sac looks like.

Baxter

My vet the last time I neutered a dog left his skin there and I think that helped the dog not freak out later about them not being there. He would groom down there so he might of never noticed.
I think if his skin is there that is all he needs. I don't think they think like us in that way. He is most likely not even concerned about it since they are gone now.

Baxter answered on 8/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with Deogie.

Every time you put your dog under general anesthesia, it's very risky. Why would anyone want to do this unless they absolutely had to?

Also, implants of any kind in a dog's body carry the very real risk of infection, immediately following surgery or later on. Sometimes, dogs have had very specific types of cancers develop around the site of micro-chips. The body can wall off what the immune system perceives as being foreign and this can cause all sorts of problems. I would imagine neuticles can do the same thing.

I wouldn't go into something like this lightly if you decide to do it at all. It won't enhance his health in any way and it's cosmetic reasons are purely human and have nothing to do with the safety or well being of the dog.