Twinkie

Grouchy 9 year old

My 9 soon to be 10 year old Chi mix has always been really feisty. However in the past few weeks she has gotten really mean with our pet sitter. She is a bit grouchy with my husband too but never with me. She has always been a diva but lately its gotten to the point where she refuses to go on walks with the pet sitter. Normally she likes him, and he sees her about 5 days a week while I am at work. She LOVES walks so this is very unlike her. She has no problem going with myself or my husband. The weather has been cold and rainy and she sometimes won't go then. I feel really awful and I don't want her to bite him in fear he won't want to walk her (or my other dog) anymore. I am not really sure if maybe something happend while I was away that could cause her not to like him. She has snapped at him and growled at him when he tried putting on her leash. He is a really nice man and I trust him 100%. Is this just old age? Why is she fine with me but weird with my husband and sitter?

Asked by Twinkie on Jan 14th 2013 Tagged senior, dog, behavior in Health & Wellness