Dry patch???

My (Shaved) Pomeranian has a "dry patch " on his back that is scabbed at the edges. The groomer said it was a dry patch but could it be anything else? He is 6 years old and he had a check up 3 months ago when we rescued him. I'm just want to make sure it's not a sign of another problem since I'm still learning about his behavior. Our other Pomeranian is fine however.. I can upload a photo if needed!

Asked by Member 1149126 on Jan 9th 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Hi not sure that it is anything other than a dry patch however I have used the following product on my dog who had a dry patch on her back and it cleared it up I love the product and keep it on hand. EMUDOG here is the link. I swear by the stuff her hair even grew back. It's a a natural oil so it will not clog hair follicles or pores.
www.evolutionsupply.com

I would gently clean and dry the area really well, and dress it with A & D ointment for a few days. If it doesnt improve, is itchy, it spreads, or you find more, I would take him to the vet.

Mine had this problem last Spring. The vet scraped the area and determined it was a bacterial infection. She prescribed a medicated shampoo and a topical gel which I applied daily for about a week. Skin issues are often diet-related, so you may want to try a lamb and rice or other allergy-busting food.

Best of luck!

Petri

You can use PETfection Paw Cream on it or even their Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. Both are 100% Organic and Non Toxic, and work awesome at healing up dry spots and moisturizing. Plus they will help block out infections. I think both are wonderful products to have on hand. Hope this helps!

Petri answered on 1/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer