Sunny

DOG TOY?

Ok, does anyone know of a dog toy that is very durable and will entertain a dog by himself for a couple hours?

Thanks in advance!

Asked by Sunny on Nov 2nd 2009 in Toys

Answers

dogs.thefuntimesguide.com

Deogie loves his kong, especially when frozen with yummy's stuffed inside.

Have a good one.

Diesel

Wow Deogie thank you for that website. I am excited now to try some new things with my boy's kongs

Diesel answered on 11/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Oh you have to get the Dura Doggie Disc.

Its insanely durable. Its a fetch toy that is shaped differently so that you can use it as a water bowl and a chew toy.

My dog Lucy loves this thing. And it was 3 college kids that invented it. Love the story.

www.DuraDoggie.com

Hope you like it!

I got my puppy a kong and he didn't seem interested in it. He would play with it for a minute or two. My puppy really likes Purina chew-eez strips in chicken flavor. He will work on those things for about an hour or so.

The pet stores are full of toys that many dogs will quickly chew up into pieces they could choke on or cause intestinal blockages. If you are not there to watch, stick to sturdy stuff such as Nylabones and Kongs. Keep a close eye on chew toys and quickly discard anything that is coming apart in pieces. Rawhide is especially bad because it swells after being swallowed. I don't trust any of the consumable chews. The dogs just gnaw them down to a dangerous size too quickly. These problems are the worst with, but not limited to, large, aggressive chewers such as Labs.

Many dogs aren't interested in a slick, new Nylabone. I think they are putting the nubby texture on more of them now. I think it is part of the reason so many dogs like the hard to find dinosaur ones. The ultimate is the Souper Size Galileo Nylabone. It is about 7 inches long and 3 inches around. It has the slick surface. They are more attractive if you rough up the surface with sand paper or by rubbing it on a concrete floor. Another technique is to jam a Nylabone into a Kong creating what I call a twofer. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

♥Candy♥

A jolly ball comes in different sizes and colors. They are very durable. check your local pet store

♥Candy♥ answered on 11/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer