dog eats dust balls

my 2 1/2 yr, golden eats just abouteverything, seems to prefer junk to her food. Now she is into dust balls which seem to stick and wont go down. They are too far down to remove, How can I help her, either get her to stop or help her swallow the dust balls when they seem stuck?

Asked by Member 845602 on Jun 13th 2009 Tagged goldenretriever, eatshair, dustballs in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Kayak

Having multiple shepherds and and other breeds. There are always dust balls gathering in my house. Keeping up with the dog hairs like shoveling sand against the tide. I am sure some of my dogs have swallowed a dust ball or two. None of them actually eat them as if they were peppermint patties. I would ask your vet or a professional trainer,
In the mean time you can start teaching him yourself. When you see him go to eat one tell him know and take the dust ball away.
Good luck and happy vacuming.

Kayak answered on 6/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer