Shar

Does my puppy have a UTI?

First let me say- I AM GOING TO A VET. Just trying to get an idea of what's going on so I know how much it will cost me.

My 10 week old girl has had some reddish brown stuff around her privates for the past few days. I cleaned her up but it comes back, not a lot just barely around the area. I have researched stuff online so let me say:

No blood in her urine
No visible irritation/inflammation/scratching/etc
She does drink a lot of water and pees a lot intermittently but she has been doing that since I got her (3 weeks ago)
No odor
She does sit/lay in her pee a lot, to my dismay

I researched uterine infections, bladder infections and UTIs but none of it seems to fit her. Any similar experiences?

Asked by Shar on Dec 10th 2008 Tagged uti, puppy, pee, discharge in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

It is best your taking her to a vet. It could be a yeast or bacterial infection, I have no idea. I have never owned a female, wish I could offer you something but I can't. Good luck and I hope you find a solution.

Zackintosh CJ

Its good you're taking her to a vet. I am not really sure what that is either, but just a warning, if she does have UTI then don't listen to the vet if they say put her on Hills k/d canned food. I had to do that for my JRT when she had UTI and she lost so much weight that we thought she was going to die. I read a story, too, that someone used the same perscription food and their Sheltie died from losing so much weight. If thats what your vet prescribes then look for a holistic vet here: ahvma.org.

Zackintosh CJ answered on 12/12/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer