Does anyone know of any Utonagan breeders?

Preferably, any breeders in Canada. However, they seem to be pretty hard to track down, so if you know of breeders outside of Canada, I'll accept that too. Thanks!

Asked by Member 1032932 on May 5th 2011 in Breeds S-Z

Answers

Ch.

Utonagan?

Ch. "Dancer" answered on 5/5/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It is a "new breed" (I use the term loosely) in the UK. Usually a mix of siberian husky, malamute, & gsd. They're trying to get the look of a wolf without any wolf traits. The only "breeders" I know of are in the UK. Try looking into the tamaskan.

Err, I wouldn't look into the Tamaskan really. There are a lot of ethics violations in that breed you can dig up if you do some googling.

The Utonagan is an ENTIRELY English breed- all the breeders are in England, and the breed was created there. If you really have your heart set on one, I'd contact some breeders there and see if they are willing to export to you.
Here is the official breed society website, with lots of helpful info:
www.theutonagansociety.com

Otherwise, I'd look into the Siberian Husky, Malamute, or silver sable German Shepherds if you want a really wolf-looking dog without real wolf blood. Canada also has MANY mixed-breed sled dogs that need homes, many are quite wolfy-looking as well.