COCO

Desperately need HELP!

This is Marlene. I am CoCo's mom. I recently placed him in boarding for the Christmas holidays because I had no where else to place him. He has been there since because I am unable to pay the bill to get him out. I have until 1pm Monday afternoon EST to get him out or it will just keep building up. I am extremely upset that I could probably loose my baby because I can't afford to get him out. CoCo is the closest thing to a child I will EVER have and I just don't know what I will do if I am unable to get him out. There are no places that will help me here in North Carolina and I have no family or friends. I live on a fixed income and I could not feel anymore helpless or hopeless this the first day of a new year than I did last year. We just can't seem to get our footing and I don't think CoCo should have to suffer for it. Is there ANYONE out there that could help us? I can give you the name of the place he is if you want to check it out and I can also give you any other info u need.

Asked by COCO on Jan 1st 2010 in Professional Grooming

Answers

I am sorry, but , you knew exactly how much it was going to cost when you left him there, so this should have been planned out in advance. For some reason, way, way too many people think that boarding kennel owners are rich and board dogs for nothing.
Our kennel will take dogs gratis in emergency situations for our regular clients, situations such as death, fire, etc., but Christmas holiday is not an emergency situation. My advice to you is to beg, borrow or steal and get your dog out of there... the cost is only going to increase, and most of us dogsters are having our own problems paying our own bills.

You really need to contact Dogster headquarters to get approval on your plea for money.
You can click on their link at the the bottom right of this page.

So you put him in there and were not planning to pay? Or you were expecting to pay, but now you don't have the money? I'm kind of confused about what happened there, but regardless, you need help now.

I agree Coco shouldn't have to suffer because of this. Have you tried to work something out with the place you have him boarded? Perhaps you can pay partially and then pay the balance in a couple of weeks? If you don't deal with it now, you probably will lose him, so I'd encourage you to at least make them that offer.

I'd be selling my car, my stereo, blood. Anything at this point to get my dog back. Also, maybe put this info on your local Craigslist under the pet section.

If you have no family or friends, why did he need to be boarded for Xmas? If you truly don't have family or friends you can ask, that's one thing, but if you have ANYONE you can ask then do so. This is definitely a bad situation and I feel for you. I really hope it works out.

Mikey

Look around your house for things to sell. Have a garage sale tomorrow.

Mikey answered on 1/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

so, if you have no family or friends, where did you go over the Xmas holiday? Maybe wherever that was, the people there will give you the money. GOOD THING YOU DON"T HAVE KIDS! Who would you expect to pay for them?
I don't blame anyone for not helping you, you obviously feel you are "entitled" because you are disabled. i know several people who are severely disabled, but go to work EVERY day...
Looking for a helping hand? the best palce to start is on the end of your sleeve.

After visiting your page, i am confused. You said you boarded him for xmas, yet you have a diary entry for xmas saying what a great day it was. You also mentioned that you dropped out of school & boarded him for 7 months due to being unable to care for him. I am a mental health professional & I sincerely hope you are receiving care for what appears to be debillitating depressive symptoms. You genuinely care for your dog, that is apparent, but you need to focus on getting yourself healthy & in a better place emotionally. To see the thoughts you have expressed is quite troubling. Please pmail me I am extremely worried for you!!

Muffin

Good luck getting Coco back. Why didn't you budget for this??

Muffin answered on 1/26/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer