Chihuahua ate a tootsie pop. How will this affect her?


Asked by Member 519997 on Oct 22nd 2007 in Health & Wellness
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend


  • This question is closed.



Chances are, a single Tootsie Roll Pop will not do any harm to your dog, but you should observe her to see whether there are any changes in her behavior. If she acts sick - throwing up, being lethargic, etc. - it's time to take her to the vet.

Tootsie rolls and tootsie pops both include corn syrup, soybean oil, cocoa and whey. Some of those ingredients can cause allergies in dogs - ear infections, itching, etc. Cocoa includes theobromine, which is very toxic to dogs, but they would have to ingest a lot more than what's inside a Tootsie Pop. Signs of theobromine poisoning are diarrhea, vomiting, and increased urination. If you see any of those, take her to the vet.

Abby answered on 10/22/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer