can you tell me the cost to have a dog check up. shots/ rabies and maybe fixed a female pit/lab thank you

Asked by Member 975307 on Mar 18th 2010 in Vaccinations

Answers

Bo

This price changes from vet to vet. State to state.
I just had my pit vaccinated a few weeks back. It was 40 bucks for everything.
It has been 3 years since he was fixed, but if memory serves me right it was 65 dollars for the surgery, but with meds they sent home and all the frills, the entire visit cost me about 140.
Call around though, do some price checking find a vet you are comfortable with, as you will need a good reputable vet for future medical needs.

Bo answered on 3/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rufio

Rufio has had three vaccines with checkups so far, they totalled about 150$ each visit. He will be neutered next month which will cost about $500, that includes anestesia, heart monitor, pain medications, everything that requires surgery. My vet is one of the most expensive vets in the area but I trust him so I don't mind paying a little extra.

Rufio answered on 3/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cocoa Pebbles

The vet I go to charges about $80 for annual shots (the cheapest in Tallahassee), and it cost about $90 for her spaying.

Cocoa Pebbles answered on 3/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Coco

The cost of the Vet visit varies by vet but usually a wellness check up can be about $60 up. Fixing your dog may cost up to $500 or even more, again depends on the Vet.

For shots I go to Petco. The have shot packages from about $5 for rabies shot to $60 for all the shots. You should call your local Petco and ask about it.

I hope this helps.

Coco answered on 3/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Check around... most shelters offer low cost spay/neuter clinics and some offer certificates for a major price reduction with a local vet.
Our area is still quite reasonable. Harvey was neutered recently and also received his rabies vaccination and the total was well under $100. This is the average for all vets in this area. Spays are around $125 for smaller dogs, larger ones are somewhat more, but not a huge increase!
Thanks for caring and thinking about getting her spayed!!!! We need more responsible dog owners around!!!!