Shasta Sue R.I.P

can someone please help me

Ok i want to put Shasta to sleep but she is my sisters dog and now that my sister has moved and is pregnant she doesnt see shasta as much as the rest of my family. The thing about that is if i do take her to the vet and have her put down i have my sister to deal with and she doesnt want to put her down nor my dad well shasta is getting worse by the day her arthritis is making it harder and harder to do what she normally does. It takes her 5 to 10 minutes to even get up to the dog house and we made a ramp specially for her.she is constantly fallind down which im worried that she might break a leg or something today i layed her on her side to clip her nails and i had to pick her up and put her on her feet. she lossed quit a bit of weight in these last 2 years mostly muscle mass. Her fur is terrible i guess what im trying to ask is how do i convince my sister to let her go over the rainbow bridge? ive already told her that it would be best but i havent gottin anywhere i dont no what to do

Asked by Shasta Sue R.I.P on Apr 22nd 2012 in Senior Pet

Answers

Sounds like you need to put the caretaking of the dog back on the owner, your sister. If it's her dog, then its her responsibility to take care of her. You've been doing it for 2 years now, so I can't understand why you say it's her dog. Sounds like in name only. So, now it's become too hard for you to continue to care for Shasta, not only physically but emotionally as you watch health deteriorate. So, you need to ask your sister if she wants her dog back, or if she'll sign over ownership to you so you can make the decision that only an owner can make. You'll probably never change her mind, because none of us can control other people.

ANOOKs page w/ lil' sister MEI

i would agree just let her know that she (your sister) either needs to come and get Shasta or you will have to take action.

Shasta is your dog if you have been taking care of her. if she wants to let Shasta be in so much pain and have a hard life then she is going to have to be the one that watches shasta.

tell her that because of the love you have for Shasta, it is too mental taxing and saddening to have to watch her grow thru so much pain everyday.

we just went thru our dogs being sick and i had to carry Anook outside and hold her just to pee, if that was everyday i could not take that and would have to take action.

good luck you will be in our prayers, luv Cin

ANOOKs page w/ lil' sister MEI answered on 4/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer