Miley

can dogs eat pineapples?

Asked by Miley on Apr 23rd 2010 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Yes, they can eat pineapples. Did you know that if you give dogs pineapples it helps them quit eating their poop? Yep, it is true. Pineapples are great for dogs. I give my dogs' pineapples a lot.

They can eat pineapples. But I wouldn't go so far as to say they are great for dogs.

Pineapple has a very high sugar content and can make a dog have an upset tummy very easily.

They also have enzymes in them that can cause issues with dogs who have particular diseases like Addison's, so make sure your dog is free of any underlying conditions or diseases and keep the portions very small and infrequent to make sure the dog gets a nice treat without it being harmful to him. :-)

Brutus

I wouldnt advise it. A piece here or there is ok, but your dog will get probably get diarrhea if you give them too much. Also many citrus-type fruits are toxic to their kidneys. I would play it safe and avoid.

Brutus answered on 4/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer