Maya

Bloody Stool- I am worried!

My adopted boxer (about 1.5yrs in age) is passing bloody stool. I adopted her about 2 weeks back.

She is extremely weak and tires out easily. I give her small doses of exercise right now.

She is otherwise happy but I have been suspicious of bloody stool for a few days now. And her more than normal defecating issue worries me cuz she is weak. She currently goes for 4 times a day.

She got me really scared today. She passed stool, which i think was bloody and then passed just blood. The amount was not a lot but it was not just a few drops.

I am planning to take her stool for analysis tomorrow.

What do you think can be the reasons?

She was dewormed for everything but tape worms by her foster mom and is due for her next pill on the 1st.

Feed me with information so that I can pass the night.

Asked by Maya on Jul 30th 2008 Tagged bloodystool in Illness & Disease

Best Answer

KIZZY

Take you pup to the vet, when they are having bloody stools its a sign to check it out.

KIZZY answered on Jul 30th.

Answers

Are the stools really stinky? Any vomiting?

Could be parvo or a long list of other things - you should take her to the vet as soon as possible.

Apollo, DSA BN RN CGC

You might want to make sure that your dog hasn't gotten into any poisons or medications cuz her symptoms can be the early signs of kidney failure

Apollo, DSA BN RN CGC answered on 7/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

No vomiting yet. The stools are stinky as usual....I am not sure what really stinky would be.

She has not been into poison. I am crating her when I am not around and keep her in sight otherwise.

She was happy in the evening other than the stool issue.

Talked to her foster mom (she works at an animal hospital). She said it could be some residual bacteria. She has been dewormed once for all but tapeworms. Also, she got her shots for parvo etc in June.

Thoughts?

I am taking her to the hospital tomorrow and gonna let her stay with her foster mom during the day. She said she will get the stool test done.

Suri

First of all, why are you in here asking this question when you should have already called a vet and taken your Boxer to be checked out? You say your Boxer has had bloody stools for a few days now..no wonder she is weak? Bloody stools can cause your dog to become anemic....eventually die!
Bloody stools can be caused from a myriad of issues...giardia, coccidia, cancer or bowel issues. Please take your Boxer immediately to your vet and don't wait for advice from here.
Your boxer could die without a check up and medication.

Suri answered on 8/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer