Cana

Are pig skin chews safe?

Asked by Cana on Nov 8th 2008 in Pet Products

Answers

Lucky

You mean like, Pig ear raw hides? Of course! I fed Lucky and Elvis those all the time! They loved them, and there safe. Probbley good for chewing and their teeth, too. Hope this helps!

Lucky "Adopted!" answered on 11/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Pogo

They should be okay as long as your dog isn't one to swallow large pieces of food without chewing. I've heard horror stories of pig ears splintering into large chunks and causing a dog to choke. I don't believe it is very common, but I would watch your dog the first few times you give him/her one to see how she acts with it.

Pogo answered on 11/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lucy

ya i used to give those to my uncles dog and my dog alll the time. i would give them to my dogs now but here in Costa Rica theres no petco or anything to buy them in :)

Lucy answered on 11/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Andy

Here's a great website that covers info regarding pig ears, rawhide chewies etc.

www.millennium

Andy answered on 11/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer