Myni

any simple and easy recipies for dog treats?

I am so picky when it comes to treats, my mommy is thinking of making me some homemade treats, since I spit out the store bought treats santa brought me. She however doesnt want to go out and buy a whole bunch of stuff and go to a bunch of trouble just to have me spit the treats out. So please help my mama

Asked by Myni on Dec 26th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Vinnie

If you eat much fish and leave the skins, then the skin from the fish is very good, as it is rich in omega fish oils which are also good for the dogs coat, skin and joints....always a good thing!

Vinnie answered on 12/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Myni. Come check out Howard's group...Trading Dog Goodies. There are so many fantastic recipes there. For a couple of dollars buy some beef liver. Pound it quite thin between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Careful..don't shred it..a few holes, rips are fine. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on a cake rack, put rack on cookie sheet. Bake slowly at 275-300 for 2-4 hours. Turn pieces carefully every hour or so. Presto..dried liver treats.
You can make all kinds of treats. Right now i'm making leftover turkey dinner biscuits. Turkey, cranberries, mashed potatoes, pumpkin. I use my bread maker to do the mixing for me. It's fabulous.

Thank you, Wiley for recommending the group. Myni, if you would like to check out the group and look through the hundreds of recipes posted, here's the group link where you can join the group - www.dogster.com

Charley

here is a huge list of resources: www.facebook.com

Charley answered on 1/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer