PEANUT

allergic to ALL animal products! Help!

My dog seems to be allergic to all animal products- chicken, beef, lamb, milk, tuna etc. He will get extreme diarrhea and bloody stool when he consumes any of the foods listed above! I keep him on a vegetarian diet w/ vegetarian dog food and fruits and veggies. Luckily my dog LOVES food so he will eat anything!(which backfire on me as well since he will try to steal/eat/begfor meat). I also get really stressed out bc people have tried to feed my dog snacks with meat in it or my dog will just have to watch while his dog friends eat their snacks. I've tried baking him treats but stopped right away when I found out that he couldn't tolerate anything with milk in it as well! Does anyone have any suggestions for me and my dog?

Asked by PEANUT on May 24th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

What brands of dog food have you tried in the past? It may be the other ingredients in the dog food, not the meats. Orijen, Acana, Fromm, Taste of the Wild, Canidae Grain Free, Timberwolf Organics, SoJos, Evo and Earthborn are some different brands of dog food to look into.

Also, look into feeding a raw food diet or home prepared diet to your dog, learn more here - www.dogster.com
www.dogster.com

You need to try a limited ingredient dog food before conducting an expensive allergy test at the vet. There is no way to know what your dog is actually sensitive to without it. Nutro has small breed grain free in fish (dark purple bag). It is 100% satisfaction guaranteed and improves skin and coat. You have to wean the new food in slowly over the course of a week. Dogs are omnivores like people, and I would NOT have him on a veggie diet without your vet's blessing and necessary supplements, or Peanut will be nutritionally deprived.