moses

aggression toward other dog since dental surgery.

my dog had teeth removed , since then my other dog jumps on him and is smelling his mouth, then the other dog bites him. It's been going on for 3 days, never happened before. If I separate them they won't stop barking. what can I do.

Asked by moses on Nov 16th 2013 Tagged aggressionaftersurgeryofteeth in Behavior & Training

Answers

I have one who can smell the vet on another animal and will growl for two days. If something was done, it's more like three, and he will hit them too. It comes from the instinctual background of having weaker pack members hidden from predators. Some pets like the vet, but mine know it's where pokes, surgeries and bad smells come from... and they don't like it! When your dog's natural odor returns, the other will not have a mouth smelling interest, which fostered snapping from your dog. You can use an unscented bath wipe on your dog's face and body, which may help to lessen the interest from the friend dog. Start your younger dog on greenies to prevent periodontal disease now- one per day, and size goes by dog weight. Happy healing! ^_^

*Tommy*

He probably has an infection take him back to the vet and have it checked out

*Tommy* answered on 11/17/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Take him to the vet to get him checked out, he may be in pain or has an infection.