Adopting a poodle

I submitted the application well in advance of the Adoption show. They actually invited me to the dog show to meet the dog. If they were going to decline my application they could have done so before inviting me to the adoption show. They said they were prusuing another family and thats fine but give me the respect and let me know why my application was declined. I sent another email from my daughters account to see if he was still up for adoption, they replied yes and to complete the application before the adoption show. They said more than likely he will be at the show on Sat but to email Fri to make sure.

Asked by Member 1021274 on Jan 30th 2011 in The Adoption Process

Answers

This is getting confusing. Time line? You say they didn't check your references or with your Vet. What did they say? Just "no thanks", or as you said "pursuing another family"? Are you dealing with the same person each time? Is this the same person who makes selections? (As a Foster parent I speak and meet adopters, but don't select the families.)
As I said before, it's been 18 years since you got a puppy, things are different. Without reading your application, I can't tell you if you have any 'red flags'.

I won't be of much help here, but I pray things turn out for the best.

Gunner

It sounds to me like there is another family who they liked more. The reason can be anything from: the other family has another dog to the other family wants to train for therapy work. I wouldn't necessarily take it personal. They probably honestly REALLY ARE looking at another family and it has nothing to do with your being suitable or not. A rescue gives a dog to the BEST POSSIBLE HOME. A lot of times it's like having a test and choosing the BEST answer out of a number of really, really good answers. It sounds to me like you were simply beat out by another family who may provide just a smidgen more for this poodle.

Gunner answered on 1/31/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer