This recipe is from my veterinarian-approved Real Food For Dogs book. The best part is that this recipe is for people, too, making it a time- and money-saver.
Recipe: Marvelous Mutt Meatballs
- 1 pound of lean ground beef or sirloin
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste (low-sodium)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Scoop out by the spoonful, and roll into mini-sized meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool before serving, and store the extra in a container with a lid in the refrigerator.
To demonstrate how popular these meatballs are, check out this YouTube video link honoring Chipper’s birthday: youtube.com/watch?v=K6z6kA5cNhU.
Thumbnail: Photography ©jenifoto | Thinkstock.
Arden Moore, The Pet Health and Safety Coach™, is a pet behavior consultant, master certified pet first aid instructor, author and host of the Oh Behave Show on Pet Life Radio. Learn more at ardenmoore.com.
Editor’s note: This article appeared in Dogster magazine. Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? Subscribe now to get Dogster magazine delivered straight to you!
Discover more dog recipes on Dogster.com: