Editor’s note: Have you seen the Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our April-May issue. Subscribe to Dogster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
Looking for an Easter treat you and your dog can share? These deviled eggs are a holiday classic.
- Plain, unsweetened yogurt (1 to 2 teaspoons per egg)
- Hard-boil your eggs. Use your favorite method, or give this one a try: Put eggs in a pot and cover them with 2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, turn off heat, cover, and allow to sit for 12 minutes. Run eggs under cold water, and refrigerate to cool.
- Peel eggs and slice in half longwise.
- Remove yolks, and place them in a bowl.
- Add yogurt, and smash with a fork until you get a smooth, creamy consistency. Add more yogurt as needed.
- Scoop mixture into a plastic bag. Cut the tip off of the bag and squeeze egg mixture back into the egg whites. Or just scoop it into the eggs.
NOTE: For human taste buds, add salt to taste, and sprinkle with paprika.