Denton - as dog-friendly as they come! This city guide will show you all the best (and worst) places for your pets. Don't forget to add your reviews for the businesses in this ultimate resource.
Top-Rated Dog Parks & Dog Runs
Dog Parks & Dog Runs 1030 Dallas Drive Denton, TX 76205 Dog Park for residents of Camino Del Sol.
Dog Parks & Dog Runs 1400 Ryan Rd at Lark Forest Park Denton, TX 76210 General Rules:
· Dog park hours are sunrise to sunset daily (unless closed for maintenance or weather)
· Closed Wednesdays from 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. for mowing and maintenance.
· The facility will be closed during and after inclement weather to protect the turf
· Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to the dog park use
· All other general park rules and city ordinances must be obeyed
· The Small/Shy Dog Area is designated for dogs/puppies weighing 29 pounds or less and extremely shy/older dogs.
· The Large Dog Area is for dogs/puppies weighing 30 pounds or more.
· Professional dog trainers may not conduct their business in the Dog Park. There shall be no dog grooming in the Dog Park.
· People who violate the Dog Park rules are subject to removal from the Dog Park and may be prohibited from using the facility.
· Limit of 2 dogs per person per visit
· Dogs must be licensed, display current rabies vaccination tags and if Denton resident, a current city registration tag issued by Animal Control
· Dogs shall be under voice control of their owners at all times
· Dogs in heat, dogs with fresh wounds and puppies under 4 months of age are prohibited!
· Spike or pinch collars are not allowed in the park
· Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed immediately
· Owners are to stay within the park and within view of their dogs
· By bringing a dog into the park, the owner certifies that their dog(s) have been properly inoculated (free of contagious conditions, diseases, parasites)
· Owners are liable for damage and injury inflicted by their dog
· Owners must have a visible leash at all times
· Owners must immediately clean up the canine fecal materials and properly dispose of the waste
· Owners must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes dug.
· Owners waive liability to the city for any injury or damage caused to or by pets while using the park
· Dog park gates must be closed immediately after entering or exiting the facility.
· Excessive barking is prohibited. Dogs barking excessively must be removed.
· Dogs showing aggression toward people or other animals must be removed from the park.
· Dogs are not permitted to remain on leash once they are inside the dog park
· No food for humans or dogs (including dog treats) allowed within fenced area.
· Children under the age of 10 years are prohibited from entering the fenced dog park area.
· Children between the ages 10-16 years old must be accompanied by an adult, who agrees to be solely responsible for the child’s proper behavior and safety.
· Children are not allowed to run with or chase after dogs in the dog park