Editor’s note: Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our August-September issue. Subscribe to Dogster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
We’re obsessed with these no-sew doggie bow-ties. Make one yourself!
These dapper bow ties don’t require sewing. (Photo by Gina Cioli/Lumina Media)
What you’ll need:
- Cotton fabric
- Hot glue gun
- Small ponytail holder
- Cut two pieces of fabric: one 4 by 9 inches and one 1 1⁄2 by 4 inches
- Flip the larger piece of fabric over to show the back, then fold in the long ends so they meet in the middle, and overlap them a bit. Add a few dabs of glue to hold them together. Fold in the short sides, overlapping them a bit. Add another dab of glue to hold them together.
- On the small fabric piece, fold the long ends onto each other like you did with the larger fabric piece. Note: You can substitute the small piece of fabric with a piece of 3⁄8-inch ribbon. Just wrap it around the center of the bow tie, and tie it in the back.
- Pinch the large fabric piece to form bow tie shape, then wrap the small fabric piece around the center, and lay the ponytail holder across the back of the tie.
- Snip the ends of the small fabric piece so they just slightly overlap, then glue, being careful not to glue the ponytail holder.
- Slide your dog’s collar through the ponytail holder.
When you’re done, share your dapper pup in the comments, please!