Your Opinion- Is thsi crazy or is it just me!

I contacted this breeder, and she offered a specail deal- I told her okay and taht I will send a deposit out in about an hour. So I am about to send it, when I get an e-mail saying she sold the puppy I wanted, now this got me so mad. What is your opinion?

Asked by Member 769709 on Aug 4th 2010 in News & Events

Answers

Belle

yes. i believe its wrong. i wouldn't say something and sell the dog to someone else. and if i knew for a fact that someone was going to buy the dog, i would keep it for them. it was a very wrong thing to do, and its not just you.

Belle answered on 8/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Eve

Totally unethical of the breeder. It may be she was looking for a quick buck, unaware if you were going to follow through with payment. Or perhaps the other person was going to pay more for the puppy. Regaurdless, I would most definately not try to purchase from the breeder again, no matter how good the deal is.

Eve answered on 8/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Speaking as a breeder... I can't tell you how many times I have had people tell me they were sending a deposit or coming right over to look at the dog and I never hear from them again. Sooo, I will not reserve ANY pup or dog until I have personally met and interviewed the person who wants it, checked them out, then I will take a non-refundable deposit. However, I will never take a deposit nor tell someone I will sell them the pup until I have personally met them and done an interview and/or a background check on them. That way, if they come and it's not someone I wish to sell one of my babies to, I already have an out without just out and out refusing them.
Perhaps there is a very good reason why this person did what they did, OR perhaps they just wanted to get rid of the pups ASAP and had a bird in hand?????? I am suspicious of the breeder when you say she offered a special deal. No breeder I know of will do that without having met the potential buyer and interviewing them firs

ok. First of all, a special deal is a real big turn off. They are trying to trick you.
Then you didn't send the deposit??
I hope not, this is a scam.
You should report her to the Better Business Bureau , make sure you have her complete names,(usually they have alias) and her address. If you make the report it will help others not be scammed.
I had this happen to me once a long time ago. I fell for it and got burned.
I paid $2500.00 for a horrible pup. I spent so much money on the dog later.
Just mark it up as a lesson learned. I find that visiting breeders face to face is the best way but no guarantee that you won't get burned.
But, start with that BBB report. Stay away from her.