yorkiepoo biting me

yorkiepoo adult got him from shelter he snaps and bites out of nowhere what can i do to stop him from biting he protects toys he has

Asked by Member 1093868 on Feb 21st 2012 Tagged bite in Behavior & Training

Answers

That is called resource guarding. It isn't the end of the world ;) I recommend the book "MINE" and/or dogstardaily.com which has an article on it and what you can do to fix it.

Tiara

How long have you had him? Since he comes from a shelter, you do not know what kind of treatment the dog has had in his life. I brought home a westie mix that would bite us whenever she got mad. And she had a terrible temper at first. We had to do traiing with her to let her know that that was not nice, and in time, she has calmed down and we rarely see her that mad anymore. Some dogs take time to get used to a new home, maybe he just needs a bit more time before he does. But i do agree with the first post that the training is needed.

Tiara answered on 2/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer