yorkie eating habits?

I was wondering how much a 5-6 yr old/7 lb yorkie supposed to be eating and how often. We have had him for a year now but sometimes when I feed him he doesn't want to eat. His weight stays stable and it doesn't appear to be affecting him health wise. We feed all the dogs 2x a day, Mack (the yorkie) gets 1/8 cup kibble and a 1/4 of one of those square wet foods each time. He rarely eats it all or sometimes none of it. Is this normal?

Asked by Member 600250 on Dec 25th 2012 Tagged yorkiefeedamountstimes in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

He may not need much to eat. I have an older dog that does much the same thing. And like yours, mine has not lost any weight. But I would keep an eye on him to see if he does drop weight or becomes less active. Good luck.