Angel

y isnt my dog eating?

My dog isnt eating.She has not been eating her hard dog food so we got soft dog food, but it still didnt work she only ate a little of that food, she seems like she also lost energy she wont play or run anymore...im worried....anyone no what i should do or whats wrong with her, i dont think its parvoe shes 5 years.

Asked by Angel on Apr 22nd 2009 Tagged sickness in Alternative Treatments

Answers

no i dont think it is parvoe either because only little baby puppie really get that.since you dog is not eating and she is getting less playful then buy some Flax Oil for Pets that works awesome for my dogs even specky.specky had almost the same thing your dog had but different he would not eat at all,he would not eat any dog food or crunchy treats so everynight he would crap like crazy in his crate and puek everywhere so we pput him on 2 things Flax Oil for Pets give her one spoon full 2 times a day and all dogs love it.and give her Collidial silver you can put it in her Flax Oil for Pets or you can put it in her water,or you can put 3-5 squirts of Collidial silver in her mouth and your dog will be playful and will be eating again.it will not hurt her at all.and also to tell if she is ill check her eyes and body parts to see if they are still normal.but this stuff works awesome try it also ActiPets chewable dog vitamins work awesome try it!!!!!!!!!!! it works great!!!!!!!!!!

Changing food is seldom the correct answer. See what I said about another dog that wasn't eating at, www.dogster.com

Two things...

1. Go to the vets and get bloodwork done. There are plenty of causes for not eating... but be safe.

2. Some dogs really do hate the food that they are on. Go to a natural pet foods store in your area and ask for samples from different companies and with different protein (chicken/beef/duck/fish) bases and grain (or grain-free) options. I know that samples are available from Acana, Orijen, Wellness Core, Holistic Select, Solid Gold, Timberwolf, Horizon Legacy... to name a few. Ask for them... bring them home and put 5-10 kibbles into each of the dishes side-by-side while your dog is out of the room (know the order of them). Have them walk into the room on their own and see if they go to a particular one or few. Sometimes it is as simple as this... but sometimes you need a vet check up.

Regardless make sure that the are still drinking plenty of water and watch for other significant behavioral changes.

Ruby

it may be her teeth.

Ruby answered on 4/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

she should have a Vet visit ASAP. If she is not spayed she may have an infecton.That is the most typical answer when it comes to a 5 year old female dog. But if she is spayed good for you.Just get her to the Vet and get some blood work done to help the poor baby out. Please stop trying to change her food. Stick with one thing like a hard diet.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on 4/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Well, you can call the local vet for a check up and do a little blood work...It wouldn't hurt.
Also,
You may want to try some home cooking and add some supplements...

Here is a link with dog meatballs - I bet she will eat them...
This was a recipe for a picky Boston terrier
en.allexperts.com