Worms in puppies

I saw what looked like a snail without a shell on my pups poip. What could that be?

Asked by Member 1137193 on Oct 23rd 2012 in Health & Safety

Answers

It does sound like worms, you may want to get something from the vet to get rid of them as soon as you can. You may be able to get rid of tem by buying something from a petstore if it is not to bad.

If you don't know what you are looking at, please take a stool sample to your vet. They will do tests to determine exactly what parasite it is, then recommend the best de-wormer for you. Not all de-wormers are the same.

Most likely it is a slug which climbed on the poop AFTER your dog did it. There is no dog worm that looks like a snail without a shell.
I have seen them on my dogs stools almost every morning.