Charlie

Will my Pomeranian loose his hair

Yesterday I gave my Pomeranian a hair cut. I have cut his hair be for and had no problem, except I used to cut his hair with really horrible house scissors which didn`t go through his har very well. But yesterday I used real Dog grooming scissors for the first time and cut too short to his skin in some places! I usually cut his hair to stop him from itching because of an unknown skin infection, it has always worked and he`s completely stop scratching when I cut hs hair. But with this hair cut he`s scratching allot and there`s tufts of his hair all over the house! Is it because he isn`t used to his hair that short, or is he loosing it?
Here`s the hair cut:
www.flickr.com www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
Sorry, I don`t have pics of where I cut really short on his back yet.

Asked by Charlie on Apr 18th 2013 in Home Grooming

Answers

♥ George P.P.Pie *SHM*

First off Charlie is adorable!:) Have you looked into the possibility of food allergies or even dry air in your home from winter heat. Also a possible problem could be the shampoo. My George had terrible skin allergies and all I could use for ages was Veterinary Formula Tree Tea and Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner.

In this last year I had to switch his diet to Wellness Simple dry and wet food because of a heart murmur (no salt in this brand) and now he appears to have no problem with his skin. I cannot say for sure the diet change helped with his skin or not. It may be coincidental.

Oh and I forgot to say that he is terribly allergic to fleas. One bite and his whole body will turn red. Also if I accidentally take his belly hair down too short (almost to the skin) he will scratch there.;)

Anyway I hope you can get the itching for your cutie under control.

♥ George P.P.Pie *SHM* answered on 4/18/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer