why won't my dog eat?

Hi I have a king charls spanual and he will not eat any type of food, I've tried all the doffrent types of dog food, with and wth out biscuits, biscuits on their own he will not touch them I've even tried human food just so he's having something but he won't touch that either he won't even have water, all he does is lie slob around and sleep but I know he is hungry as I can here his tummy rumble I took him to the vets but they just said put his food down of he's that hungry he will eat it, but in afraid that he's going to starve himself to death, he Seems really deppressed to any ideas or help would be greatfull.

Asked by Member 1174682 on Jun 10th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

This seems like a psychological problem. Is your dog depressed? A rescue? Missing a friend? Take him to the vet; he will eat after being given prozac for dogs. Don't feed him human food or treats as a meal. You can mix a little wet with the dry food, like Ultra Small Breed Adult- it has three flavors of meat proteins with chicken, lamb and salmon. ^_^