city

Why when my dog and I lay down he constantly has to be touching me?

Whether it be his back leaning against my leg his paws on my arms or his head rested on my neck he has to be touching me and even when I move he scoots closer...he doesn't do this with my significant other just me why is that?

Asked by city on Nov 25th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

He might think your comfortable..And colder ..

Dogs like cooler spots..They try to find the perfect spot for them to lay down(Cold place)

Or he just might love his mommy:D..

Thats sooo CUTE THOUGH!!

Sadie and Oakley

Sadie is the same way. When i lie down she I sits right next to me and then scoots here butt back so that she is touching me. When i move she gets back up sits next to me and scoots back against me.

Oakley on. The other hand hates to cuddle with people so I guess it's just what makes the dog comfortable :)

Sadie and Oakley answered on 11/25/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

He loves you the most. He is saying, hey stay close to me, I love you.
Touch him back and say I love you to him, he is beautiful!

sasha

most dogs like affection, some prefer to be alone. i test my dog all the time depending what mood shes in, if shes angry she puts her back to me and doesnt want to know me! but i ignore her and she crawls back. i think maybe hes reassuring himself that your there for him, its a good thing though he knows your the boss :D

sasha answered on 11/26/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Your dog loves you! He wants the connection. You know the feeling of hugging or holding hands with someone who you really love. Your his person. your lucky. This is the human /animal bond that is spoken about.