Why is my westie vomiting all the time?

I know he eats some grass but in the middle of the night he will vomit his dog food. He is also full of very bad smelling gas. Please help.

Asked by Member 874927 on Sep 9th 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I would have the vet check him over good. He could have a serious physical problem that could get worse while you are trying all the diets you will be advised to here.

I had this very same problem recently with my 18 month old Westie. I did a google search for "my westie eats grass" and found the following website.

www.westieclubamerica.com

The article on this website was spot on as to symptoms and the way to stop them.

My Westie started throwing up regularly and started refusing to eat. I changed her food to Iams Lamb meal and rice formula and she was back to normal in two days. No more cheap Costco dog food for her.

Good luck with your Westie
Johnds