Belle

why is my housetrained dog peeing on our floor?

Belle sleeps with us usually every night, and wakes us up if she needs to use the bathroom. The past couple of nights she hasnt done that and has just peed on the floor. When she wakes us up we always take her out. What is going on??

Asked by Belle on Mar 25th 2008 Tagged myhousetraineddogispeeingonthefloor in House Soiling

Best Answer

Ocho

Maybe he or she (sorry not sure whcih) has a UTI;bladder infection. Even the best trained dogs can have accidents if they have an infection. If you notice a strong odor from the urine it is also a good indication they have an infection. Good luck.

Ocho answered on Mar 25th.

Answers

Maybe she tried but you were in a deep sleep. Maybe just leave a pad out for her to use when that happens?

Juno

You could try training her to give you a clearer indicatation that she needs to go out. I've heard of people training their dogs to ring a bell on the door.

Since she sleeps with you, it should be a warning sign if she jumps off the bed. My dog only gets off if she's super hot (then she goes to her crate by the window), wants a drink of water (your dog probably shouldn't get water at night), or has emergency diarrhea (nightmare).

You could have her sleep in a crate at night. She won't soil your floor because she can't, and she won't soil her den because she won't want to.

You could limit her water intake in the evening and before bed. Unless it's really hot, give her some water with dinner and then cut her off.

Juno answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Miss Buddie

I agree with Ocho that you might want to have her checked for a UTI.

Are there any sudden changes that have happened at your house? New animals? Sometimes when they get stressed out they have accidents.

Miss Buddie answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Sparkey

I forgot my good reason though it went along the lines of everyones. Try each and see which works out for ya.

good luck!!!!!

Sparkey answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

the fact that she is housetrained indicates a bladder problem

check with ur local vet because this effects the bladder and the whole body sometimes.
it probably hurts so much that she cant hold it in normally

that is y so many dogs pee and poop everywere because they have a bladder infection

often this can be treated with a cream but usally the effect is overwhelming and she may lift her leg more

maybe she is not fully housetrained and you may want to hire a trainer