Why is my dog stretching backwards? It seems her stomach hurts.

This morning she threw up and then her stomach was bulging and hard now it is not. She keeps stretching backwards and then starts walking backwards. I think her stomach is bothering her. Any ideas?

Asked by Member 1006988 on Oct 7th 2010 in Pet Page

Answers

When was her last poop? And, what did her vomit look like? (Seriously)
Hope it isn't a bowel obstruction. Seems weird that her belly was hard and bulging. I'd call the vet.

Ellie

Could be bloat, a serious stomach condition. Go see your vet.

Ellie answered on 10/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Maverick

I would go to a vet asap. It could be something very serious that requires immediate attention.

Maverick answered on 10/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

yeap, my little guy does that when his tummy hurts. maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her. if you find out what it is I would change her diet.
I did use pepto bismol and it helps some.
but check with the vet on the dosage and only use it if you have to, we arent into meds. I will feed a little baked sweet potato too.