Tai Mishka

Why is my dog not strolled?

I have searched repeatedly and never once found my dog under the "stroll" section yet have seen some of the very exact same dogs go past over and over again? Is there something I am not aware of that you have to do so that your dog will come up under the stroll section just as the other dogs do?? My dog is a pure japanese chin with the correct markings yet he is not shown, however dogs in the chin category that go by are often either mixed or many times NOT EVEN japanese chins? What's up with this??

Asked by Tai Mishka on Jul 10th 2010 in Other Dogster.com

Answers

I believe you have to tag your photos in order to be included in most strolls, except maybe the birthday stroll. Where it says photo tags, list his breed and anything else you might want in a stroll, such as smiling, swimming, etc. Good luck!

I don't think she means a photo stroll, but a profile stroll.
First off, I think it's set up so that you don't see your own dog in strolls, but other people do.
It's also set up so that mixed breeds are shown, but you should be able to specify purebred only.

And on n this site the owners have to specify their dog's breed, and not everyone gets it correct because they may not be familiar with that breed (uneducated guess) or even just taking a wild guess. (I've seen other breeds labelled wrong as well.) I imagine this is especially true with Japanese Chins since they are not that common.

Or are you saying that dogs are showing up that are clearly labelled as different breeds? In that case, you are searching under a specific breed, right? Because if you aren't, you'll see many different breeds.