why is my dog drinking and urinating alot, but not eating?

why is my german shepard not eating, but urinating and drinking alot of water.I cannot see a vet(no money).

Asked by Member 1032448 on May 1st 2011 Tagged germanshepard in Health & Wellness

Answers

Sorry, but you need to see a vet. No one can diagnose your dog over the internet. This could indicate diabetes or something else entirely. Only a vet can do the necessary diagnostic tests you need. Ask your vet if you can do a payment plan, look into CareCredit, or call your local ASPCA to find other options. This economy is tough for most folks, so we do understand, but you have a responsibility to your dog to see that he is healthy. Good luck & hugs.

I have to say this dog must see a vet somehow. Even if I could say what it was, he still needs labs and tests to confirm what it is. Your dog could have a disease of some kind and this condition is just going to get worse without medical care. I suggest you find a way to get money via credit card or sell your belongings or give the dog to the shelter. good luck.