Why is my dog depressed and struggling to breathe?

Asked by Member 1002135 on Aug 27th 2010 in Answers

Answers

Saydi Sue.

Take your dog to a Local Vet.
For the Depression, Put a tiny bit of Honey on a spoon and get your dog to lick it off. Should make him/her a bit happier.

Saydi Sue. answered on 8/27/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If your dog is struggling to breathe, that is an Emergency visit , so go now , hurry

Vet time. Any time an animal seems out of breath but particularly is struggling to breathe, you need to treat this as an emergency situation. The most common causes of depression and trouble breathing are congestive heart failure or internal injury.

I would not give the dog honey until you've figured out what is wrong with him.

Definitely get to the vet asap. If it is after normal vet hours where you live, most vets have a recorded message with the nearest 24 hour emergency vet they recommend or work with.

Please take advantage of the services these emergency vets provide. If you were struggling to breathe and were lethargic and couldn't talk, you'd be depending on someone to take you to get help asap. Your dog is in trouble and needs your help.

Starbutt

a.. is he on heartworm stuff, my husband dog had hear worm but I caught it to mlate we had him on heart worm pervenative to late anyhow he had laboered breathing I take this is what everyone means if he is not on heartworm stuff the worms inflame the lungs I am not sure how but the vet told me this and there was nothing more she could do and I put him down so he would suffer no more.
he had laboered breathing got real thin heart rate went up to 160 and he would barely eat. he seemed to pee and poop ok but didn't want to do much not even play with his favorite toy his friend Star a female dog.if what I said sound like you dog run don't walk to you vet.

Starbutt answered on 5/13/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer