Why is my dog coughing up water?

For the past week or so Pepper has started to occasionally (once or twice a day) cough up water. She almost makes a vomit noise, but it is hard to tell. It is only about a teaspoon and seems to contain mucus. It has gotten colder lately, but she is an inside dog. We think it might be some vague allergies, but she doesn't seem to have any other symptoms.

Asked by Pepper on Oct 22nd 2008 Tagged cough, water, mucus, vomit in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Sadie

I am not going to guess on this but I think you need to take her in to the Vet. It could be Pneumonia. I can't tell you that for sure but I think a Vet could at least rule that out or any other serious illness or disease.

Sadie answered on 10/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dahlia

Has she had her Bortadella shot? It sounds very similar to kennel cough.

Dahlia answered on 10/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

~Emma~ RL1

Might be something to call the vet, so they can advise.

~~~~~
You didn't say, but Emma used to do that when she was younger. She would gulp copious amounts of water (I was afraid she was diabetic there for awhile), and then puke up some right after, clear with a touch of mucus.

~~~
Good Luck, hope ya feel better soon!

~Emma~ RL1 answered on 10/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer