Why is my 7 year old dog all of a sudden having accidents in the house??

What could be going wrong with my 7 year old dog? She is all of a sudden having accidents in the house. She's never had this problem since she was a puppy. Cassie has been a perfect dog up until now. I don't know what to do with her? After she does this, she knows it's wrong because she will run and hide. Could there be something medically wrong with her? Should I go take her to a vet? This only happens about once a day and it's when someone is home to let her out. I just can't get over it and not sure what to do? Please help! If vet attention is what she needs, I will be more than happy to take her. I just wasn't sure if this could be something medical related maybe or for some reason she's just being stubborn (which is never been in her nature at all!)?! Any advice or help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Asked by Member 966413 on Feb 20th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Remington

I think it's a good idea to check with the vet to rule out a medical problem. Especially since, at 7 years old, your dog is technically a "senior citizen" now. I have never had this problem before, and I really do think you vet may be your best resource for help. Best of luck!

Remington answered on 2/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Maverick

I would take her to the vet so she can checked out really good. It could be something simple-Maverick started doing this a couple of years ago and it turned out he was having kidney issues because of his prostate! He is all better now because we caught it early!

Hope she gets to feeling better soon!
Let us know how the check up goes.

Maverick answered on 2/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

ROXIE

Yes, I agree. A vet check is on order. Could be a urinary tract infection and she just can't help herself. Poor girl, she feels bad about it too. Good Luck!

ROXIE answered on 2/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer