why has my dog suddenly started sleeping next to my bed?

recently my german sheperd cross collie has started coming upstairs and sleeping next to my bed. we've had him for around 6 years and this has never happened before, usually he refuses to go upstairs. it's become a bit of a concern as he's usually very hesitant about going up.

Asked by Member 1168080 on May 1st 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Santanna

Let start off with a story, my dog as a puppy did not bark unless he was playing. When the doorbell rang he would just look liked he heard it. And then the time he turned 1 he would bark at the door, and when I would scream very loud he would bark and growl. And even if I won unexpectedly he would bark. And he always follows me where ever I go. And your dog is just being protective. And German Shepherds are very protective! So he is just in a protective state. But DON'T ALLOW HIM TO GET OUT OF HAND!(Or paw).

Santanna answered on 5/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer