Why has my dog started pooping in the house?

My 1&1/2 year old shitzu has started pooping in the same area in my front room 4 no apairent reason. What should I do? And why is he doing this?

Asked by Member 423801 on Aug 30th 2008 in House Soiling

Answers

Have you changed his food?

Clean the place he poops at with medicine and water.Make sure that no scent will remain there because dogs poop at places they have pooped again

Suge

Not to be like the dog whisperer or anything...lol...but is your dog mad at you for any reason?

My dog was 5 and he started pooping in the house because he was mad at me. We had got another puppy and he was jealous & when we went out somewhere he would poop right in front of the front door so that when I would open it all the poop would be everywhere...it was so nasty.

lol...well I don't know if that will help with anything but maybe? Good luck!

Suge answered on 8/31/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sammy

First; dogs don't do things to be vindictive. They don't have that kind of emotion. Being vindictive is simply a human thing. Most dogs forgive and forget or at least forget, lol. You have to give us more info, have you changed his food, have you brought home a new animal or made a drastic change in your lives? Are you sure he doesn't have an ailment? You should certainly rule out any medical reasons, first, and then get down to behavioral issues.

Sammy answered on 9/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer