why dogs pee in there kennel box

I have two small inside dogs they recently started pissing in there kennel which is also their bed. They also have started to soiling the carpets in my house. I need help to figure out why they started doing this when they were potty trained. Please help. I am wondering if anyone knows why they do this. Are they depressed? Are they trying to tell me something.

Asked by Member 546320 on Dec 17th 2007 Tagged housesoiling, bedwetting in House Soiling

Answers

Marlowe, CGC

It could be a urinary tract infection. That can make dogs have to go more than normal and they can begin to eliminate improperly because they can't control it as well. Make an appointment with your vet.

Also consider any kind of schedule changes or other change in their routine and their lives.

Marlowe, CGC answered on 12/17/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Have them checked out by your vet.

When you have a really sudden behavior change like this, especially in a dog that was fully house trained and is now peeing where they sleep (which is very unusual for a dog), a physical cause needs to be ruled out first. It could be a variety of things from UTI to other problems.

If health checks come back clear, go back to the basics of house training and keeping a schedule, especially if there have been changes in your household recently that may be to blame. Getting back on track, so to speak, can be done at any point if you go back to the basics of house training.