Panda

why does my minirature bull terrier have black spots over it's white coat? is it some kind of pigmintation? is it normal

I have a full breed Minirature Bull Terrier and I have noticed for a while that she has black spots on her coat like pigmintation.My question is does anyone know if this is normal among this breed? why does this happen? will this be passed on to her pups?

Her mother is registered with the akc kennel club and so is the father but due to some unclear conflict i was not able to get her registration but she is a full breed.

Asked by Panda on Apr 22nd 2008 in Miniature Bull Terrier

Answers

♥Tiffy♥

It may be that that is the way her coat is. It doesn't look abnormal or anything. Was she born with them or did they just come up all of a sudden? Have you taken her to the vet? What did they say? I don;t think it is any thing that you should be too concerned about.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 4/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Just because the spots may be against the breed standard doesn't mean that she isn't purebred. There are all kinds of purebred dogs that you would swear weren't purebred. I know of a purebred Sheltie that looks like it's half Pomeranian, but it's purebred Sheltie.
It's just pigment and has to do with what genes Panda inherited.

Jackson

Panda, it's ok! It's normal and would not be penalized if you were to be shown.

You're very cute.

Straight from the AKC miniature bull terrier breed standard:

"Color - For white, pure white coat. Markings on head and skin pigmentation are not to be penalized. For colored, any color to predominate. "

Jackson answered on 4/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer