Why does my golden retreiver occassionally vomit?

Why does my 2 1/2 year old golden retriever occassionally throw up? She seems to vomit in the morning, before eating or drinking. Her diet hasn't changed (chicken-rice dogfood), she's an indoor member of our family and the only animal inside our home. She doesn't eat anything "weird" anymore, like she did as a pup. She is UTD on her shots and deworming.

Asked by Member 1015734 on Jan 24th 2013 Tagged occassionalvomiting in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Chase

I took Chase to the vet recently and while I was there I brought up that she'd been vomiting occasionally. Typically between 3 and 7am. Once or twice in the night a small to medium size puddle (smaller than the palm of my hand) frothy yellow bile vomit.
He told me it could be hunger, and to start feeding her later.
So now she gets a cup in the morning (between 6 and 10), half a cup around supper time (5 and 6) and another just as I'm going to bed, typically around 10.
We've had this routine for the last three weeks or so and there has been no waking in the night to vomit since we started.

Chase answered on Jan 24th.

Answers

If she does it every day, then you should have a vet check her out. Good Luck!

Sounds like it is the hunger vomits if it is yellow and foamy. I would have the vet check it out if adjusting feeding time or giving her a little snack before bed or in the morning doesn't help.