why does my dogs nose run all the time and when she is lying down she will droll sometimes?

My dog, Shepard Chiwawa, has a runny nose most of the time and sometimes when she is lying down she will droll from her mouth. Is this serious or do dogs do that?

Asked by Member 845362 on Jun 12th 2009 Tagged runnynose, drollingfrommouth in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Katie

Hi there!

I would take her to the vet for a check-up. She may have allergies, a virus, or something else, but it's hard for us Dogsters to answer without guessing.

Some dogs drool more than others. Sometimes my dog drools when she's taking a nap after a long afternoon of running and playing at the dog park - I think it's because she's extra-tired and gets extra-relaxed, so her mouth falls open while she's sleeping.

Definitely, take your girl to the vet to ask these questions. Good luck!

Katie answered on 6/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hi - sounds like it could be seasonal allergies:
here is a little help:
Chihuahua with allergy - watery eyes:
en.allexperts.com

This is one of those cases where you just have to be there to give an accurate answer. My dogs are healthy, but my GSD's nose drips occasionally and she drools all the time.
If you want to be sure, ask the vet for his opinion.
If drooling and dripping is out of the ordinary for this dog, then by all means, have a vet take a look at it.