Why does my dog whine and jump all over me when i get home and bring my anything she can find?

She is a 2 year old mix. I can be gone for 10 minutes and she will still whine when i come in.

Asked by Member 990462 on Jun 6th 2010 Tagged jumping, whine, separation, adult, dog in Separation Anxiety

Answers

Sounds like she misses you! Make sure she is getting enough exercise. Take 5 minutes to love on her when you get home to keep her happy. That's what I love about dogs...every greeting is like winning the lottery! Sounds like your dog loves you & wants to let you know how much!

Brutus

It's normal for a dog to behave this way. She just misses you and is wanting all the attention she can get. Therefore, jumping on you is something that you will pay attention to. Make sure you take her on plenty of walks or just play with her everyday for a little while. Dogs are social animals, and love their family. If your dog jumps, simpily turn around so your back is facing her. Every time she trys to jump, just turn around. If she stops, then you can pet her and say hello. I know it may be hard to ignore her right when you get home, but it's an important part of training and soon enough, she'll won't be jumping. As for bringing things to you, it's just an attention-getter again. It could be that she wants to play. Get one of her own toys, and play fetch for a while. Or walk her around the neighborhood. Lots of consistent training will help fix this problem. Good luck and I hope everything turns out okay. Paw-Mail me with any more questions! ~ Brutus

Brutus answered on 6/6/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

she is happy to see you and wants to play... try taking her out and playing with her to burn off the anxiety and excitement she will be happier. :)

Spike

She is lonely, and needs more attention, I'm not saying that you don't give her attention, but every dog has their own desire for attention. She brings you something because she wants to please you. To help this, you should get her own specific chew toy that she really likes, and that should be the firt thing you give her when you start to play. After a while, she will relate that chew toy to you, and then she won't bring you your stuff, she'll bring that.

Spike answered on 6/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer