Enzo

Why does my dog sometimes eat tan bark and grass????

Well my grandma sometimes watches Enzo and wants to give him all the treats in the world!!! He has started eating grass and tan bark and she thinks it's because he hungrey and wants a lunch. He's been used to not having lunch only breakfast and dinner and she thinks he's hungrey and i keep telling her that's probably not it but she won't listen to me and keeps feeding him and then he just gets fatter and fatter. Do you know the reason why he does that because i dont think it's because he's hungrey and i want to tell her the reason why he's eating grass and tan bark instead of her feeding him when he doesn't need to eat. Please help!

Asked by Enzo on Aug 24th 2009 Tagged enzo, eats, food, tanbark, grass, lunch, goodforhim, help in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Iggy

My grandma's cat used to eat grass and the vet told her it was his way of cleaning his teeth. But I've never heard of a dog eating grass. My dog used to eat bark and sticks when he was a puppy, because he was teething. He literaly ate my cherry oak entertainment center. Maybe this is the case, if he is a puppy. If you have your dog on a set limit of food you should keep it that way and don't let your grandma over feed him. If he keeps getting fed at different times like that, he won't get on a schedule and his body won't know when it is time to eat for the day. If he's teething, I'd get a teething toy for him too chew on.

Iggy answered on 8/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maya

I LOVE to eat grass but my mom always yells at me, says its not good for me. Tasts good though. My vet said it wouldnt be so bad if there werent so many chemicals on the grass that could make me sick. He says that my mom should add some veggies to my food, like fresh green beans and broccoli because my body most likely needs the fiber and thats why I eat the grass. I dont like to eat my veggies though but I think she is hiding them in that yummy food in the can!

Maya

Maya answered on 9/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer