why does my dog put her butt on top of or in front of everything or person she meets?

if she is coming up to bed, she always comes to my chest and lays her butt down...if she is by another dog, she always puts her butt first to their faces or almost lays on them with it...it seems she's always butt first with everything?

Asked by Member 898520 on Oct 8th 2009 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Funny! This is what my dog Specky does! He loves butt scratchings! Anyways, she may have a hot spot, a scratchy spot back there or she is marking her spot. This is what cats do, they mark there spot by rubbing against you.

When my dogs present their rump, they want me to scratch them just above their tail.

Baxter

either a butt scratching is needed or the dog feels safer presenting the butt right away so the face is avoided.
She mostly is just being affectionate mostly and wants to be petted/scratched.
very cute:)

Baxter answered on 10/9/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Fritz

You dog is being very friendly.

She approaches people and dogs with the end that smells good instead of the end that bites. ;-)

Fritz answered on 10/9/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer